Search This Blog

Blog Archive

Tuesday 11 February 2014

An awesome poem: When I whine

Today in class we did the following poem - it was included in our study. Sadly, the author is unknown (according to our workbook), because it is so awesome, I want to share it with the world.

When I whine

The other day upon a bus
I saw a girl with golden hair,
I envied her - she looked so fair.
Then suddenly she rose to leave;
I watched her hobble down the aisle.
She had but ONE LEG, bore a crutch,
And as she passed she smiled!

O God, Forgive me when I whine -
I have TWO LEGS, the world is mine!

Later I paused to buy some sweets.
The lad who sold them had such charm.
I stayed to talk to him awhile.
If I were late it would do no harm.
Then as I turned to leave he said
"Thank you, you've been so kind,
I like to talk to folks like you -
you see, I'm BLIND."

O God, Forgive me when I whine
I have TWO EYES, the world is mine!

Still later, passing down the street,
I saw a child with eyes so blue.
He stood and watched the others play,
It seemed he knew not what to do.
I stood awhile and then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word
and then I knew he could NOT HEAR!

O God, Forgive me when I whine,
I have TWO EARS, the world is mine!

TWO LEGS to take me where I'd go;
TWO EYES to see the sunset's glow;
TWO EARS to hear what I would know;
O God, forgive me when I whine
I'm BLESSED INDEED - the world is mine!
We get so caught up in our daily struggles and being busy with all kinds of things that we tend to forget how BLESSED we actually are.

I would just like to wish you a blessed day and pray that you will enjoy every moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment